Sweepstake Secrets you Will Want to Know
Sweepstake Secrets, Tips and Tricks – What you need to know
Have you ever wondered why companies hold sweepstakes? What legislation governs sweepstakes? With no real information easily attainable to the average sweepstake hobbies we thought we would put together a 10-15 week set of articles to help you walk through the “sweepstakes jungle”. Its our hope through this article series that you will be much better armed to enter in sweepstakes of all kinds whether they be strictly online, mail-in or a mixture of both.
With all of that in mind lets go to the first question in our series:
Definition: What is a sweepstake?
Sweepstakes (also called prize promotions or games of chance) are popular tools for businesses, marketers, and agencies to build customer loyalty and collect valuable demographic information about potential consumers.
A Sweepstakes Overview
A sweepstakes is a promotion in which a prize is awarded to a participant on the basis of chance, not skill. That prize can be monetary or non-monetary, such as a free product or trip. The sweepstakes sponsor cannot require people to purchase a product or to invest “considerable” time or effort in order to enter the sweepstakes.
Here are some basic rules that all sweepstake sponsors must comply with:
All sweepstakes must have official rules and those rules CANNOT change once the sweepstakes has begun. Official rules must contain the following kinds of information:
1) A “No purchase is necessary” statement
2) Start and end dates
3) Eligibility requirements (age, residency, and a list of those excluded from participating)
4) Methods by which people can enter the sweepstakes, including a “no purchase” method, such as a 3″ x 5″ postcard
5) Any limitations on the number of entries per person or household
6) The odds of winning
7) A description of the prize(s) and the monetary value
8) How the winner(s) will be selected and notified
9) Restrictions on receiving the prize(s)
10) The sponsor’s name and address
These are only the most basic considerations. Sweepstakes are also be subject to federal and state laws, which can vary greatly.
If you don’t have time to follow the series go to SweepstakeSecretsRevealed.com and see the full report today.
Best of luck with all your future sweepstake entries, How to Win a Life of Luxury through Sweepstakes